Is It Worth Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Calgary

Sponsoring a Relative For a Green Card – Form I-130

If you’re planning to sponsor a foreign-born relative for a green card (lawful permanent residence), you’ll need to fill out government Form I-130. It’s an important step in the immigration process, so it’s best to have an experienced attorney handle it for you.

To file Form I-130, you must submit it to USCIS with all the required documents and a filing fee. The cost depends on how many family members you’re sponsoring.

How to Fill Out the Form

If you are an immigrating spouse or partner of a US citizen and want to apply for a green card, you must first fill out government Form I-130. This form requests information about you and your partner, including biographical details and your family.

You’ll also need to provide information about your children, if any. This will help your application process run smoothly and will make future petitions easier for you and your family members. Lost Green Card Reporting

Depending on your immigration status, you’ll need to enter the following information:

In line 1, select whether you are filing for your spouse (she/he will need to include Supplement I-130A), parent, brother or sister. If you are filing for a child, indicate whether the beneficiary is related through marriage or adoption.

If your I-130 is denied, you can appeal the decision to the Board of Immigration Appeals. An attorney can help you determine if this is your best option and what you need to do next.

Answering Questions

There are any number of questions that you may need to answer as part of the Form I-130. Be sure to read the question thoroughly and make sure you have the correct answers.

In addition to answering these questions, you will also need to provide information about your employer. This includes their name and address as well as any other relevant details.

Lastly, you will need to answer any other questions that are specific to your situation. This will help USCIS to process your petition more quickly.

For example, they might want to know if you’ve already tried to file for another immigrant. Or if you’ve ever helped someone else obtain a green card in the past.

Be sure to give a complete answer and don’t be afraid to ask for assistance if you get stuck. This is especially important if you’ve been using the services of a translator or interpreter to complete the form.

Filing the Form

The Form I-130 is one of the most important forms to file if you are a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and wish to immigrate to the United States with an eligible relative.

The USCIS instructions for this form are very clear, but you might need to ask an immigration attorney about certain details if you have questions. For example, you should know the country of domicile for the petitioner (the person who is submitting this form) and their spouse/parents if they live outside the U.S.

You should also make sure to fill in the section for interpreters if they helped you fill out this application. They must provide their name, mailing address, and contact information.

The Form I-130 is a complex form and requires lots of information and documentation to complete. This is why it is best to hire an immigration lawyer to file the form for you and to complete the entire green card process with you.

Submitting the Form

The Form I-130 is the first step for any foreign national who wishes to immigrate to the United States as a spouse or close relative of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder).

This process can take up to five years. That’s why it’s important to file the form correctly, as well as provide any required supporting documents.

You’ll need to fill out a lot of information, including your name, marital status, and employment history. Also, you’ll need to list your parents’ names and dates of birth.

If you need help completing the form, be sure to complete the “Application for Interpreter Assistance” section. You won’t need to do this if you’re filing alone, but if you received assistance from lawyers or other immigration agency officials, it will be necessary to complete this section.

Find top rated attorneys and law firms profiles with Find Attorneys Directory, the best and free online attorney directory. Guest bloggers can also publish their articles here as other bloggers are doing.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply