Most people who’ve owned lemon vehicles can attest to the terrible experience. Common pain points include expensive repairs and inconvenience due to frequent stalling, persistent engine problems, or another defective part.
A lemon law attorney can offer a reprieve to consumers who own lemon cars. Even so, getting a refund or replacement under Anaheim lemon laws is a complex and time-consuming process. To that end, it’s prudent to seek advice and representation from an experienced lemon law attorney in Anaheim.
The Car Keeps Breaking Down
Lemons have substantial defects that negatively affect their value, function, and use. Again, not all car problems that lead to emergency repairs constitute lemons. It’s crucial to establish a pattern of severe defects whose repairs are expensive and repetitive to prove lemon status.
Below are examples of common defects under the California lemon law:
- Defective brake failure
- Air conditioning malfunction
- Automatic transmission defects
- Repetitive stalling
- Seat belt and airbag malfunction
- Problems with the electric wiring system
- Involuntary acceleration
A trusted attorney comes in handy when a manufacturer has made several unsuccessful attempts to solve a substantial defect. Ideally, you can write to the manufacturer requesting a refund or replacement. Even so, the manufacturer can abuse their position and offer insufficient compensation, which calls for representation.
To Obtain A Maximum Payout From the Manufacturer
Any offer from a manufacturer or a dealer serves their interest to minimize loss. If you blindly accept their offer, it’s likely to be below the purchase price or inconsistent with market conditions. Fortunately, Anaheim Lemon law attorneys can apply legal experience and applicable statutes to maximize your payout.
Here’s how an attorney works to maximize your payout:
- A clear understanding of the paperwork: All legal arguments rely on solid evidence and the proper paperwork. An attorney puts together all the documents, gathers the missing pieces, and eventually creates a convincing case against the manufacturer or the dealer.
- Technical Knowledge: Out of experience, an attorney understands the jury’s perception, vehicles that don’t qualify, and the substantial defects that comprise a lemon car. In addition, Anaheim law attorneys understand that manufacturers prefer buybacks, which is motivation to fight for their clients who deserve replacements.
Ultimately, a lemon law attorney is the best bet in pursuit of a maximum compensation against manufacturers or dealers who prefer to minimize or deny a lemon law claim.
Obtain a Free Case Review
Besides the technical issues of lemon claims, car owners incur costs like initial deposits and recurring loan payments. Car owners experiencing the brunt of lemons require relief, which is why a free case review is a good reason to contact an attorney.
Here are a few elements of case review that establish the merits of your case:
- Did you acquire the vehicle in California?
- Did the car defects start in the first 60,000 miles?
- Have you visited the dealer at least 2 times or a visit whose repairs lasted over a month?
A point to note: The one-way fee-shifting provision allows attorneys to claim compensation from the at-fault manufacturers. It’s, therefore, possible to obtain a free case review and representation that doesn’t impact your wallet.
Build a Lemon Law Case
Once you’ve noticed tell-tale signs like engine defects or persistent stalling, it’s prudent to start building a lemon law case. Getting the rightful refund or replacement involves ample preparation, getting hold of crucial documents, client coaching, among other tactics.
A typical lemon law case can take months before its completion. It’s therefore vital to foster a working relationship with an experienced attorney to facilitate a strong case against the dealer or manufacturer.