Common Causes of Injuries in Roseland
Despite how careful most of us try to be in our everyday lives, people experience accidents caused by negligence every day in New Jersey. These accidents can result in horrific injuries, along with substantial financial costs and intense emotional turmoil. Some of the most common injuries people sustain in accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Damage to soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc.)
- Damage to internal organs
- Neck and back injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord damage, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful deaths
As Roseland personal injury lawyers, the team at Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers has represented clients who’ve been involved in all kinds of accidents. Some of the most common causes of accidental injuries we see at our Roseland practice include:
- Motor vehicle accidents– There were more than 30,000 crashes in Essex County in 2019, according to state records. Additional records show that there were almost 6,700 crashesin Essex County in which someone was injured and 35 crashes where someone died.
- Defective products– From dangerous drugs and cars made with worn parts to hazardous toys and broken appliances, countless numbers of people are injured by defective products every year. There were almost 195,000 cases across the country in 2020 where someone died after experiencing adverse effects from prescription drugs, according to the FDA. A product liability attorney in Roseland can help you file a claim for compensation if you’ve been injured by a defective product.
- On-the-job injuries– The Bureau of Labor Statistics says that private employers in New Jersey reported 69,000 nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses in 2019. Many of these injuries are the result of employers actively or passively failing to make safety a priority, which results in unsafe working conditions. A Roseland workers’ compensation lawyer can help you get the benefits you’re entitled to for your medical bills and lost wages.
- Medical malpractice– Medical errors are now the third-leading cause of death in the United States, according to a 2016 study. These errors run the gamut from medication mistakes and botched lab tests to wrong-site surgeries and incorrect diagnoses.
- Premises liability injuries– When landlords get careless or negligent, tenants and guests can suffer serious harm as a result. Failing to repair broken stairwells or guardrails, not cleaning up spilled liquids, leaving loose electrical cords around, and other forms of neglect can cause accidents that may result in serious injuries.
If you’ve been injured in an accident in New Jersey, call Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers as soon as possible. We’ve recovered more than $300 million for our clients and have received numerous awards for our work, including being named to U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Lawyers” list in 2017.
Get a free initial consultation today by calling our office in Roseland or visiting our contact page.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!