If you receive a settlement offer before you have spoken with a lawyer, know this happened for a reason. The settlement offer is almost certainly lower than you deserve since the insurance company is a business that is protecting its own interests. Instead of making these mistakes, choose the right personal injury lawyer to represent your legal claim to recover fair compensation for your accident injuries.
Initially when discussing the benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney, it is arguably wiser to first focus on the risks of self-representation. But, by choosing the right personal injury lawyer, it will help you avoid legal pitfalls without requiring a nuanced understanding of personal injury law.Here are five additional reasons why hiring a personal injury attorney benefits your legal claim and will be worthwhile.
1. In Personal Injury Law, the Contingency Fee Structure Makes Legal Representation Possible for Many Accident Victims
In simplest terms, a contingency fee structure says that you do not pay anything to your attorney unless you win the lawsuit or obtain compensation through a settlement. Practically, this makes legal representation possible for accident victims who could otherwise not afford a personal injury lawyer post-accident.
Don’t let financial fears get in the way of pursuing a legal claim and deserved compensation. The overwhelming majority of personal injury lawyers utilizes the contingency fee structure, so be sure to reach out to a contingency fee personal injury lawyer who you trust to represent your legal claim.
2. Your Personal Injury Attorney Will Provide Peace of Mind
If you have never been injured in an accident before, there is no way to truly prepare for the stress and anxiety of filing a legal claim. This is especially true for catastrophic injuries that may require a lifetime of care. In these cases, it is critical that your legal claim is in good hands and choosing the right lawyer will provide you with this essential peace of mind.
To this end, your lawyer should also provide emotional support during one of the most trying times in your life. Choose a lawyer with whom you establish a personal connection after knowing that your concerns and financial needs are taken to heart.
3. A Strong Legal Argument Protects Your One Legal Claim to Compensation
It is essential to keep in mind that personal injury victims only have one chance at receiving compensation and justice for their accident. When a legally responsible party caused an accident and a victim’s injuries, it is imperative that you choose a lawyer who protects your legal claim.
Here are a few reminders of how the right personal injury lawyer will protect your claim in addition to your right to compensation:
- They will make sure your insurance claim (and the insurance companies) is handled directly.
- Any aggressive or unfair strategies from the insurance company will be met by a legal advocate who is willing to stand against these tactics and make sure settlement negotiations proceed fairly.
- A personal injury lawyer will build a strong case that is based on both facts and evidence, which are then used to negotiate a higher settlement offer.
4. An Effective Personal Injury Attorney Helps You Understand Your Options
Deciding on whether to settle or continue negotiations can be a complex matter, and the same is true when choosing whether to settle or go to trial. The right lawyer will explain these concepts to you in a digestible way that empowers you to make an informed legal decision.
5. Negotiations Prove More Effective After Retaining a Personal Injury Attorney
There is a reason many insurance companies try to discourage accident victims from retaining a lawyer. Namely, insurance companies know that they will likely have to pay far more to settle after you have protected your legal claim with the help of a lawyer’s counsel and advocacy.
Based on these and many other benefits provided by retaining a personal injury attorney, make sure your needs are fully met and provided for after an accident. Discuss the facts of your accident with a personal injury attorney and retain a lawyer you trust before signing a low settlement offer.